How To Use Uber 101
Based on my past experience as a driver and rider, here’s some advice on how to use the Uber app!
- One Tap Request – This part is pretty simple! Uber uses your phone’s GPS to detect your location and connects you with the nearest available driver. Get picked up anywhere by dropping the pin for your pickup location and hitting ‘Request’. It can take less than 30 seconds!
- Clear Pricing – Enter your pick-up and drop-off address to get a fare quote within the app before you ride. Make sure there isn’t any surge pricing when you request a ride! Surge pricing is where there is a high demand for drivers and prices go up.
- Reliable Pickups – Uber is all about safety. Once the app has connected you to your driver, we’ll display their name, vehicle details, phone number and driver rating. Double check to make sure everything is correct.
- Track Your Trip – Make sure your Uber ride is going the right way. Sometimes, people hop in the wrong Uber and end up going far away from their original destination. The Uber app will provide you with the ETA of your driver, plus you can track their arrival and be notified with a push notification when they arrive.
- Cashless – It’s 2016 after all! Uber is a cashless process where you can connect your credit card or PayPal account stored in your rider account. Riders receive a receipt after every trip that includes a fare breakdown, route map and their driver’s details Just in case you need to contact your driver about a lost item!
- Two-way Rating System – Both riders and drivers rate each other out of 5 after each trip providing a transparent quality control system founded on real-time trip ratings and user feedback. Make sure to rate those 5 star drivers! They deserve it!
- Rider Support – Uber has great customer support. If you have any questions or feedback about your trip contact rider support. They’re always happy to offer their assistance anyway they can.